Tuesday, June 25, 2013

6-22-13 Week 6 MTC

Sorry--Mom and Dad the blog updaters were cruising around Alaska but this should get us up to date.

KONNICHIWA!!!
Okay, it sounds like you had an amazing time on your cruise! Thanks for still emailing me even though you were only on land for a little while :) I got the package last week about an hour after I sent that email. It was saiko (aka supreme)!!! Thank you so so so much for everything you sent, it was perfect. So here's a rundown of our MTC adventures for the week:
On Sunday, we had a great devotional (as always) and afterwards we watched the Testaments in Japanese. Fun fact - there are almost 200 missionaries going to Japan in the MTC right now. There are three Japanese branches. Aka one of the reasons it is so crazy is because as of last fall, there were 7. YOSH. Almost all of those missionaries were crammed into a room watching it and there wasn't any spare space but huzzah for bonding time, I guess. The ironic part was that in the room next door, it was being shown in Spanish and there were only 20 missionaries in there. Interesting...... :) On Tuesday, we walked to the Marriott Center again for devotional and let me tell you, it is such a great experience. Always. Our district has been singing in the MTC choir (along with almost all the missionaries at the MTC) and it's alot of fun. It's nice to sing in a choir. Oh also on Tuesday orWednesday Heaton Shimai and I went to the BYU Health Center to go pick something up, and when we walked in I heard someone yell "Alyssa?!?" Looked up and saw it was Karynn, Scott Bingham's fiance. It was awesome seeing her, she's the best. We talked to her for a second then I heard someone else start talking to Karynn, looked up and saw Daniel Christofferson, who threw in his own "Alyssa? I mean Sister Flake?" Anywho, fun stuff. Small world! I forget that the BYU world/life I used to live is just down the road. The MTC really is it's own little world sometimes. I sometimes feel like all I do is eat, study, eat and study but it is fantastic. In case I haven't mentioned it recently, I love Japanese! The language is absolutely beautiful. Gah I love it so much. On a different subject, I've ran into President Mills a few times and that has been great as well. He usually teaches us a new phrase or word that's great to know - fun stuff. Basically another weird thing is that this is our 6th week here. We're veterans of the MTC these days. As in by next week, we will officially be the oldest at the MTC. Weird. But great. I'll be in Japan in less than a month. Terrifying! But exciting. So, like always, I of course have to mention that my companion, district, and senseis are awesome as always. I feel like I learn and grow by leaps and bounds every day. OH and another great thing - today was just about the best P-day we've had so far. The mission president seminar started today so we are not allowed in 1M at all (the building the cafeteria is in) so they'll be feeding us in the gym for the next few days. I walked outside of our building and smelled barbecue for the first time in awhile, but didn't want to get my hopes up (I figured some familes nearby were cooking or something - but that was not the case!) We walked up to the gym and they had fresh burgers hot off the grill. It was glorious. And of course the temple today was amazing. I love the peace that it brings!
Another great thing for the week - our most recent lessons with Watabesan and Kuaharasan were wonderful. Wow it was incredible. We were teaching Kuaharasan (Anderson Sensei) and at the end of the lesson when we were saying our goodbyes and telling him thanks and about to leave he said "Time -out u. Can I be Anderson Sensei for a minute?" We were kind of confused, but agreed. "Sisters, what happened? That was incredible! I mean the lessons are great, but today blew me away. Your grammar was near perfect, you were putting together complex sentances, and I completely felt the love you had for Kuahara Kyodai and your message. Wonderful job. I am so proud." Basically he said  something along those lines and it was fantastic. We had a similar experience the next day with Watabe Kyodai. Seeing them come closer to Christ is the most incredible feeling.  I love the opportunity to teach our progressing investigators every day. I wish I could fully express how much I love these investigators. And my district. And our senseis. And Heaton Shimai. Everything is fantastic. It is hard - and I feel like there are so many things that I still need to do before Japan but I love it all so much!!!!!!!
Family, thanks again for everything. I love you all so much!
Ai shitemasu!!! :D
-Flake Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment