Tuesday, September 17, 2013

9-8-13 The unloved child!

In our defense we did send her an email.  They crossed somewhere over the pacific ocean and she did get to read it before she signed off.

Konnichiwa, kazoku!
I just want to start by saying I love you. Even though you didnt email me. I will tell you about my week anyway. :D
Awesome week! Wow what a great week. We received three referrals last week, and tried to contact them but none of them were home. :( But, this week we were able to contact them which was exciting indeed! It was an interesting experience. One was an older man who just kept firing lots of hard questions about religion at us for like an hour. He has studied a lot of different kinds of religion. It was interesting, but enjoyable as well. His daughter came home halfway through our discussion and felt so bad that he had been interrogating us so she kept apologizing and sent us home with a ton of food. Super nice of her, and an interesting experience to be sure. The typhoon hit us Tuesday night. Way crazy. The wind and rain were out of control - basically we did not sleep much that night because our apartment felt like it was shaking and it was way loud. But the awesome news is it passed by morning, so we were able to get out and do things the next day rather than hide in our apartment from the typhoon. We went on a field trip this week! Okay, more like we went to Taniyama for a zone training meeting with our zone. It is about 2 1/2 hrs or so by train. Huzzah for adventures. It was really beneficial. I learned alot. 
Friday was basically one of the best days of my life. No exaggeration. It was AWESOME. We taught our third referral the first lesson, and she was one of the kindest  people I have ever met in my life. That was super helpful and awesome, and another reason I loved the lesson so much was because I did not stress about the Japanese. It was probably the best I have ever done in a lesson with just focusing on the person, and the Japanese that I needed to say just came. I have had experiences like that before, but never like this. It was incredible. I know that there are still a ton of things I need to do every day to continually try to do better, but it was an incredible experience. Then we had a lesson with N-chan after that, and it was great. She is incredible! The unfortunate news is that we have set up different things to meet her parents multiple times and they keep falling through at the last minute. So, we still don:t have permission for her to be baptized. We just keep praying, and meeting with her, and putting our trust in the Lord and his timing. I know things are going to work out exactly how they need to. :) 
Last exciting news of the week - I made the Progress Record and presented it in our DCS (basically the ward mission coordination meeting). Super exciting. That is about all for my week. I hope you have a good week! And that you email me next week to tell me all about it :) 
Ai shite imasu!
Flake Shimai

PS As of next transfer, our mission will have 200 missionaries, 1/3 of which will be sisters. Crazy. When my trainer came to the mission (end of January ish) there were 105 missionaries. This work is moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment