Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What a week! 9-21-14


Sister Lane, back in my zone with me.  Love her

Scariest Investigator yet.
Konnichiwa, kazoku!
We had quite a week! Sorry I am emailing so early today - we are going to Miyajima with our district and a few other districts in our zone so the schedule is a little different today :) How are you? Was your week a little bit more relaxed this time?
Well, most important news first - So Takedasan is doing really well and really looking forward to being baptized. Only thing is, her date was for 9/27 but because she used all of her days off for the month on Sunday (to be able to go to church) she couldn't get any more off for this month - the next day she could get off of work is October 18th - so that is when the baptism will be! We will have it that afternoon. We finished teaching her all the lessons (including lesson 5) last week and are just working on strengthening her faith, continuing to answer questions, and study the Book of Mormon together.  She is doing really well and is excited to be baptized - she is so good! I love Takedasan so much. She is doing great - thank you for all of your prayers!
Teena (one of our Chinese investigators that had a baptismal date) is still struggling with understanding a few things in the word of wisdom, so we are working that out right now but she currently doesn't have a date anymore because she wants some time to sort things out. But that is okay - I know God will answer her prayers!
We had a great lesson with Yotsujisan - she is the lady we found a few weeks ago on the street that is Buddhist but just looking for something more. She has been wondering for years what has happened with her father, who died 7 years ago. She doesn't believe iti's the end for him, but she just is searching for the truth. We were able to teach her the plan of Salvation and it was such a hopefilled lesson. I love teaching the plan of salvation. It bring me so much joy every time I talk about it. 
Fun story of the week - we were housing in a neighborhood way up in the mountains - a pretty rural area. We housed in to a wood carver's house. He is a super nice old Japanese man that sits in his little workshop and carves all day long. His woodshop was incredible. Filled with all sorts of sculptures and carvings that were all handmade and beautiful. It was so cool to see, and to talk to him about this - it is something that he loves to do and has done his whole life. 
We taught a lesson to Minaesan this week (a former investigator that we recently started teaching again) and it went really well - funniest things as this. When we stood up, about to leave, she said wait just a moment, I thought it would be fun if you want to try on this beautiful kimono! So she started dressing Sou shimai up in a beautiful kimono (and she looked stunning - my adorable little asian companion in a kimono) and she turned to me and said Flake Shimai I have the perfect thing for you to wear! And handed me the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. Just picture a formal dress from the 80s that is a bright, shiny satin top and huge bright yellow and white flowers for the skirt. Yep - when I put that on, we could definitely tell who was the asian and who was the American. You're going to love the pictures. Pretty good.
Gosh my time is almost out but lots of happy things this week - I guess the rest will just be saved for journal sharing time after my mission. OH we had zone training meeting this week and I got to see Lane shimai! We sat down and talked and talked and talked and it was SO happy to see her again. I absolutely love her. 
Also my package came yesterday - thank you so so so much! I absolutely loved it! Everything about it was WONDERFUL - thank you! So funny story with that, I loved the poster, but when I looked at it I sighed a bit and thought shoot I sure do wish I could see him perfom. One day I will.
then... one hour later...
There is a member from utah that just moved here named Heidi and she is working here for 6 months with her company. she invited us sisters over for dinner yesterday (mexican food - best thing of my life) and when we walked in I heard a hymn playing. I glanced at the counter where her laptop was and IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when it was Vocal point's nearer my god to thee music video! I shrieked a little and just enjoyed the beautiful music and the tender mercy from The Lord! It was incredible to see that after a long week - I am now content :D 
ANyway, that's all the time for this week - love you and have fun!!!!

Ai shite imasu!!

Flake Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment