Sunday, October 26, 2014

Staying Put! 10-26-14

Halloween party.  My new companion Sister Gazdik--Poor girl

Fall in Japan

Samurai Elders?


Konnichiwa kazoku!
Well, since I'm sure you are dying to know if I got transferred or not I will tell you all about it. I get to finish my mission in the best area ever!!! BUT I do have a new companion. Sou shimai transferred to Iwakuni, which is the military branch (all the americans -  alllll English. she'll be great. she was pretty scared but she'll be a champ). And Burgon shimai went home this transfer... so I became companions with Gazdik shimai, whom I have been living with for the past two transfers! One thing that is a little sad is that Saijou went down to 2 man for sisters - so me and Gazdik combined our areas and investigators. It has been a little bit hectic figuring out things with our apartment and all of our investigators but it is already a lot of fun. It's funny though - I haven't lived in a 2 man apartment since I was a bean, so that has been a fun adjustment as well. It is a little more quiet, but it's good. One thing that was a little sad was that we had to say goodbye to two missionaries but didn't get to welcome any more in. We had been sleeping with our futons right next to our desks (aka NO space) since I came to Saijou (there are just the two rooms, so each companionship had a room) but we have a little more room now so we were able to convert one into our study and one into the bedroom. That has been way nice.
Anyway, I'll stop boring you with the details like that - but on to everything going no! Thanks for telling me about your week - it sure does sound like a party! Mom, I am convinced that you guys have made it to every vocal point concert since Devin joined the group. haha. One day I will go too! But really, I am so glad you were all able to go up and see them it sounds like you had a lot of fun!
I am glad your concerts and auditions went well. What musical are you doing this year? Also thanks for the football update. It's always appreciated:)
Yes, last week was so wonderful with the baptismal service and everything that went on with that. This week was good - we taught a TON of lessons. There were a lot of lessons before Thursday with me and sou, and gazdik and burgon, then gazdik and I really buckled down and got a lot of things done that we needed to get done this weekend. We are really similar, and are planning on making every last minute count this transfer. She has a lot of enthusiasm, which is fun. Oh a bit about her - so Burgon was her trainer, I get the honors of breaking her - she is starting her 3rd transfer right now. She is from California and is 1/4 Japanese (her grandpa is Japanese) which is pretty fun. Small world fun fact is that I was in a few classes with her older sister at college (same program with Rec therapy). Yep. We are just workin as hard as we can!
I feel like I have too many things to say - I guess I will suffice with some simple basics. Takeda shimai is doing great. We officially started the AB lessons and she is doing really well and continuing to come closer to Christ every day. Her testimony is awesome - I know she is a wonderful addition to our Saijou group!
We have a new investigator, Hasuike that I might have told you about last week - she is a referral from one of our eikaiwa students. She has a lot of interest in learning more about God. Can't wait to keep teaching her!
Yotsujisan - we made a baptismal date/goal with her a few weeks ago but she is really busy right now with work and family things so we are trying to work out the specifics with her right now. She still wants to get baptized but is kind of wavering on setting a date.
Fujimoto san is so cute - she reminds me of a Japanese version of Grandma Moody. True story. She has the same mannerisms and is just great. She is one of Gazdik's (now mine, too) investigators that we were able to teach last night. She has been struggling with receiving/recognizing answers to her prayers. We just taught her in her genkan, a pretty small place but the spirit was so strong I felt like I could feel it with my hand. We felt prompted to promise her some pretty specific blessings that she could receive if she was more specific and diligent in her prayers. It is an incredible feeling to walk out of a lesson and feel like we did everything we could and the Lord was directing his work! I have learned a lot of things on my mission - but one huge thing is just that it is not about us. We are not the ones doing things here - it is always the Lord and we need to do everything we can to turn to Him and trust that he will use us as tools in His hands if we do all we can. I love being here and honestly don't want to ever leave. I am so grateful for all of the things I have learned on my mission and really cannot imagine what my life would have been like had I not come. Well sorry for the rambling but I love you all so much - thank you for all of your support and prayers - we definitely feel them here!
愛しています!
フレーク姉妹  より                          Love you!!! - Sister Flake

PS--I am sorry I feel like I always forget to answer your questions - -
Our group has about 13 members now. 10 of which have been baptized since last December :) So we are not officially a branch yet - there are certain requirements, like 4 melchizedek priesthood holders and ten people or something like that. we met the requirements a few months ago and sent in the paperwork to SLC to become a branch but it is still getting figured out and the OK has not been given yet. It is a bit of a bummer, because since we are not a branch yet there are a bunch of things we have to deal with with being in the same ward as the Hiroshima members, things we can't do here because we're not independent and stuff. I'll fill you in on the details one day but we are working are hardest on getting everything set up here! we normall have 30 ish at church between members, investigators, and missionaries which is way cool. our room maximum is 41 (fire code regulations). We just have 2 rented rooms on the second floor in a huge office building/apartment building. the bummer is that since we're not an official branch we are not registered on line, so people searching for where the church is here can't find it. but that is where the lord steps in and miraculously leads us to them or them to us!
also we have met some Christians from mianmar and Cambodia that came to church yesterday! we've only taught them once, but goodness gracious I don't know how missionaries teach Christians. it's the hardest thing of my life. I prefer Buddhists. yep. more on that later.
And one more thing - we had the best Halloween party EVER last week. it was so fun. I was a mad scientist - you're gonna love the pictures. maybe I am a little crazy.  It was so much fun and we saw crazy miracles with ward members becoming better friends. loads of fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment