Wednesday, August 28, 2013

8-26-13 (a day late) (Bean-chan days)

`Those bean-chan days, I used to know, where have they gone, where diiiiiiiiiiid they go.....` (when you read this, please sing it to the tune of Those Caanan days)

Konnichiwa, kazoku!
Great week, as always :D And this week is... dun dun dun.... TRANSFER WEEK!! Sorry the letter is a bit late, it:s because apparently every transfer week, pday is actually on Tuesday instead of Monday. So we decided to email late Tuesday afternoon, hoping the APs would have called to tell us what was happening and such.... but alas, we are still in the dark! The Miyazaki elders were contacted a couple of hours ago, and we found out Elder Iwaasa, our district leader is going to Taniyama and will be our zone leader. And Elder Mabuchi, his companion will be staying here and his new companion is on his 4th ish transfer, I believe. Fun stuff! We are assuming that we are staying, but who knows - I guess I will let you know exactly what happened next week! Oh and yes, in answer to those questions - yes, its not a churchwide policy to not include specific names of investigators and ward members in emails, just something Kaicho (president) has asked us to do in order to protect their privacy. Heehee, and yes, I do feel rather tall here. Its kind of fun. I am pretty much a head taller than a lot of people here.But its all good! 
For the past few weeks we have gone to Miyakonojo for district meeting (it is a little over an hour away by train) and its been fun, but I love Miyazaki! 
OOOH The big news of the week --- we had junkai (exchanges)! So much fun. The sister training leaders for our zone came (well actually there is only one per zone so the STL from our Kagoshima zone and the STL from the Kumamoto zone came together) and we went on splits for 24 hrs. Lots of fun. I was a little nervous for them, because I had never done them before, and mostly because Kodama shimai doesn:t speak English, but it ended up being a lot of fun. She was actually Suzuki Shimai:s previous companion. Kobaiyashi Shimai did splits with Suzuki Shimai, and she was super fun as well. We split and were able to have each companionship teach a lesson to our different investigators - at the same time! And we did some streeting and housing - anyway it was great to see how another sister did things, and forced me to speak more Japanese. And she was hilarious. Anywho, great experience. 
N-chan!!! We love her!! She is so wonderful. She is doing really well, progressing, and we have been able to see her testimony grow stronger every day. She has come to church almost every week since we started teaching her at the beginning of the transfer - she is so great! So yeah, she is doing really good right now, and the lessons are going well; the main roadblock is her parents haven:t given their permission for her to be baptized. We are still working on that, and praying every day! 
Last speedy thought - I love Japan. :D I know I say that all the time, but it is so true! It makes me sad that I can not adequately describe what it is like here, but suffice it to say that I love Miyazaki, I love the people, the culture, the food and the language (even though I get frustrated with the learning process at times). It is incredible being here, and especially being a missionary. Really hard. And a little different in some ways than I expected, but I absolutely love it. I know that Heavenly Father is so involved in each of our lives - He loves us all so much!! I am so grateful for this gospel and the peace it brings to our lives. We are so blessed!
Anyway, sorry for the speedy letter, I am kind of running out of time but I love you all!  Good luck with this next week!
Ai shitte imasu!!! 
Flake Shimai

PS 
1. Good news - I have bought or obtained basically everything I need here - for example, my electronic dictionary (which yes, I have used a ton), camera, short sleeve shirts, backpack, a rain suit (which was left at our apt by previous sisters), and several other things - for which I am quite happy! 
2. Can you possibly send me a few recipes? The ingredients here are quite different than america, but I might be able to do a few things. Maybe a really simple cookie recipe, a banana bread recipe, breadsticks, and tortillas? And an idea for a simple mexican food? My complex is this - I want to make a simple mexican food, but there is not really mexican spices here. Quite a struggle to figure out. 
3. I have the coolest companion ever - she made me a vocab game! It is a matching game that we can play - some of the cards have the english word, and some have the Japanese word in hiragana  and we play memory. Every time a card is flipped (whether english or japanese) I have to say the word in the other language. It is awesome, because I am such a visual learner so it is already helping me remember more - woohoo!!!
4. Last thing, I promise! We just got our transfer call (because the APs forgot about us) and... we are both staying here in Miyazaki for another transfer - hurray!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment