Sunday, January 12, 2014

Daily Miracles!! 1-12-13

Konnichiwa, kazoku!!! 
Goodness. I feel like I have so much I want to say, and so much to respond to from your email, and a thousand thoughts running through my mind but no time to say them all! I will try my hardest!!!
It sounds like things are going well in Arizona! I think this whole devin in vocal point business definitely means more Utah trips for you all ;) I:m glad that you all get to go to his concert! I:ll try to answer as many questions as I can in the short amount of time I:ve got today ;)
1. There are not tons of ingredients here for making reciipes from home. There are a lot, but they are geared toward Asian food. I can make banana bread - but that:s about the most *American* food that I can make. Haha that pizza dip was missing half of the normal ingredients but it still tasted good! Cheese is kind of a seasonal thing. I:ll explain in more detail on another day.
2. There are konbinis (pronounced kohn bee knees) on every block. It:s like a gas station, without the gas pumps. Just convenience store food and snacks and such - and they:re everywhere! Haha except instead of hotdogs and nachos, the fast food here is onigiddies, gyoza, and nikuman. I love it. Oh and they totally have 7-lls here, but they:re called 7i&holding. I don:t really know what that:s supposed to mean... but I love it.
3. Messer Shimai is a champion. I:m pretty sure she:s the one training me, not the other way around!!! She has a really great attitude, and is a lot of fun.
Okay I don:t really know why I started this list thing then ended it pretty fast, but anywho. I have some crazy miracles to share!!!!!!!!!!!
Last tuesday, we were streeting and basically the whole time Messer shimai had been here everybody we:d talked to was really not interested. I felt bad for her because it usually isn:t this crazy! Nobody would listen to us for a few days. But I knew that if we just kept pushing forward and doing what we needed to do, the Lord would bless us. And he DID. In the most amazing way!!! We were going, and a lady came running up to us and said SISTERS! I:ve been looking for you!! Yep, she said sisters. she was speaking to us in english. Turns out, this lady was baptized in America 20 years ago, then moved back to Japan and there was a fire, so she lost a lot of her records, and all her contact info for her american connections. she moved around japan a lot and such, and just lost contact with the church. She was finally able to reconnect with her missionaries that converted her a few months ago, and they told her to go to church. she moved to fukuoka like 5 years ago, and did not know where the church was and couldn:t find it so she had been wanting to meet missionaries! We told her the address, and gave her a book of mormon. She asked us to come to her house for dinner sometime, and said `Do you think you could teach me the lessons again? I could help you with Japanese, and I would love to feel a little more comfortable with the teachings again.` She is so nice! Anyway, she:s a little busy this week with work, but we will be meeting her next week I think. Such a tender mercy. 
Miracle numba 2 -
 Another miracle of our week occured when we went by train to visit Emiko shimai (RC) We took the train but transferred to an incorrect train at the station where we needed to transfer and ended up being on the train a lot longer than anticipated. I was kind of frustrated because I felt like I was trying so hard but because I:d messed up on directions, we were wasting precious time. Then messer shimai pointed out that it was okay, because we were trying our hardest so obviously this is what the Lord needed to have happen! We were able to finally get to Emiko:s house, shared a message with her, and ahd a good experience, then we went back to the train station. While waiting for the train, a spunky little lady named Sawako started talking to us. She was the cutest. She told us all about herself, like how she wants to visit Canada one day like Anne of Green Gables, asked us a ton of questions, and just kept talking to us. We talked all the way back to Hakata eki and she asked us for our phone number and if we could meet together again! She beat us to the punch! We gladly gave it to her and will be meeting with her again on Friday. The Lord blesses us so much as we give everything our best effort! I:ve seen this time and time again. It is INCREDIBLE. Well I have a thousand other things to say but I am totally outta time. But I love you so much! Have a great week!
Ai shite imasu!!!!!!!!!
Flake Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment