Sunday, January 19, 2014

The weeks keep flying by... 1-19-14

Konnichiwa, kazoku!!!
It's been a great week, as always! Thank you so much for always telling me the details of what's going on with you - I love it! I'm so glad things are going well with the musical, regionals, sports, etc... and THAT YOU GOT TO GO WATCH DEVIN in VOCAL POINT AGAIN!!!! Woo-hoo!!! I am so happy for you all!! Music and the Spoken Word, vocal point concert *that my brother is in", massive game night of cards - sounds pretty exciting to me! I am so glad that everything worked out with that!  
A little bout my week - YES - we were able to meet with Sawako san again! And the exciting thing is, she brought her friend Mayumisan! They are friends from their english class, and they loved speaking with us. The whole speaking with native speakers thing is a huge proselyting tool - fun fact. Anywho, we were able to tell them why we were here in Japan, explain about the gospel, and taught them a lesson about Christ and gave them each a Book of Mormon and invited them to church! It went really well, and they seem like they are interested so we are continuing to pray for them! Sawakosan is hilarious. They were saying something about how worried my parents must be, with me being across the world in a different country at such a young age and such, but that you must be so proud. I showed them the picture of the fam that I always carry around, and they just fawned over it. "Such a beautiful family! Only girl? Goodness and all different hair colors!" and so on. The best though, was when Sawakosan pointed to mom and said What? Your mother? I responded in the affirmative. She then told me that mom looks like a movie star and asked if she was one. And she said she looked really young. Anyway, I haven't mentioned it tons before but everyone here thinks our family is stunning! Haha it's cute. 
Michikosan is doing really well. She's progressing, reading the Book of Mormon a lot, and meeting with us a couple of times a week and coming to church. The only thing that is a little hard right now is she is the director of  a huge promotional event for her work so she is pretty busy with work this month. She is so good though. We are working on clearing up some confusions she has right now with things she's heard/read about our church, but she is trying to understand. We're working on strengthening her testimony and coming to know Christ as her savior. It is an incredible blessing to be here, and having the opportunity to see as people's testimonies grow day by day. I just feel so blessed all of the time. 
Fukuoka is cold. It's mostly just a bitter wind chill that is the worst these days. Makes for some fun adventures as we go finding every day. It can sometimes be hard, because there are so many people that don't even have any interest in one thing, and all we  were able to say to them was hello. But it's okay because the Lord really does put the prepared people in our path! This is his work, not ours. All that matters is that we work our hardest to be obedient, be dilligent, study, and just be a missionary! I've seen that as we try our hardest, the Lord is right there with us, helping us along. I want you to know how much I love Japan. The people are incredible. I feel like I can't even begin to describe how much I love the people of Japan. I feel like I learn so much every day. I absolutely love it. Anyway,  that's about all I have time for right now but I love you all so much! Keep up the good work, have a fabulous week, and tell the fam hello!!!!!
Ai shite imasu!
Flake Shimai
CUTE KIDS

Eating Nato(fermented beans) yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment