Sunday, February 16, 2014

Still in Fukuoka 2-16-14

Konnichiwa, kazoku!
Yep. Blows my mind that I hit my 9 month mark last week. But I have fabulous news with that --- I will probably be able to be on my mission for a year and a half PLUS 3 weeks because our MTC time was less... anyway that is happy indeed. But anywho, thanks for all the details with your week! Things really are coming with the language, missionary work, etc... the only thing is, I just feel like I have SO many things I need to/want to do to improve and be better! The thought of ever being able to speak this language completely just blows my mind. But don:t you fret, I am learning more and more everyday. Gosh I love it. The members in our ward, by the way are incredible. It is a huge ward, and they are so full of dendo-fire. As far as meals go, we don:t have a normal schedule of members who feed us - we usually just make meals in our apartment but members do invite us over every so often. Probably on average once every week, or week and a half. Kind of depends. But it is great. 
Oh and you probably already realized this but yep - no transfers for this girl! Messer and I get to stay for another transfer together in Fukuoka and I am so glad. We have so many exciting possibilities going on right now and I know we will be able to do a lot this transfer! Gosh, transfers are so short. I am already starting my 6th and that blows my mind. When I got here, and met missionaries on their 6th transfer I remember thinking they had been here forever and knew a ton. Nope. I just have a thousand things to do still and no time to do it! But it is okay - one step at a time!
Well, transfer week is always crazy for the Fukuoka missionaries. We had bean dendo on wednesday, so messer and I were in a threesome with one of the new missionaries.. she was a sweetheart and we had a lot of fun! Eikaiwa that night was crazy with a lot of people, but it was a lot of fun. Gosh I hate that I always run out of time so fast! But I will send off a real letter today with details and such. Anyway, we got to help at the train station on transfer day with directing missionaries to their new areas and such, loads of fun.
Thank you so much for the pictures! It is beautiful. I can:t wait to see the Gilbert temple. And fyi everytime I receive an AZ sunset picture from you I print it outu and show everyone I know. Fun fact. this past week we had some incredible LA miracles. Last wednesday we were able to meet with four of the less actives we are working with. we ran in to two of them (coincidence?  I think not) and It was a wonderful opportunity! Yesterday we had stake conference and it was great. Our stake is HUGE. Tons of missionaries too which was fun. Our whole zone. Anyway, the miracle is this - Hanzawasan came! She is an investigator who has come to church twice now but is too busy to meet with usduring the week but we will be trying to meet with her after church next sunday. She is nice. Then we were waiting for tamada san to come, a less active we:re working with and she had told us she would come. we were waiting and waiting, and the meeting started, and she didn:t come or answer her phone when we called. We were a little bummmed, but went up into the overflow seating and started watching conference. About ten minutes later, Morita shimai, a different less active we:v e been working with walked by and said Good morning sisters! We hadn:t been able to contact her for a while, so we didn:t even know she was going to come! She invited us over for lunch, and we had a pancake party! She had gotten us these cute little souveniers and said she was sorry she hadn:t been able to respond because she:d been travelling。 anyway, it was so good to meet with her! She:s coming next week and we are so happy! Anyway a bunch more happened but that:s all I have time for today. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
愛しています!!”!(ai shite imasu!!)
Flake Shimai

p.s.WE WENT TO THE FUKUOKA TOWER LAST PDAY AND IT WAS SO COOL. I'll try to send pics.
 
On top of the tower


                                                                  Michiko san
                                                         
                                                        Check out the jump!

                                                                With Messer Shimai
pps Don't worry. I celebrated AZ day.

No comments:

Post a Comment