Monday, April 14, 2014

General Conference! 4-13-14

Konnichiwa, kazoku! 
I hope the week went well for you! I feel like my weeks are so packed full of goodness that I often forget to tell you some things that have happened! I will try to be better with that. :)
Happy news - my bike finally arrived! Usually they come a few days after transfers, but the mission office has brand new APs and office elders, so things were a little crazy for a while and such but let me tell ya it is good to be biking on good ole Eleanor once again. This past week, we were able to meet some really solid potential investigators. There are such nice people in Saijo. We also did a chirashi kubari that was way fun. I don't really know exactly what that is called in english. But we went near the university, got permissiion to wear pday clothes and we handed out fliers to everybody we could that just talked about our english class that we teach each week. No contacting about the gospel, but just english. Fun stuff. We had another lesson with Ayakosan this week, and it was interesting - we are working on moving forward bit by bit with her. She came to general conference, which was awesome because it was in Takasu (I'll explain more about that in a bit). We also were able to teach Adrianasan this week - she is a university student from Costa Rica, and she is Catholic. She has so much faith and believes so many of the same things as we do. It was so interesting teaching her and hearing so many of the same things we believe - I realized she is the first Christian I have taught on my mission. I have taught lots of different people with varying Buddhist beliefs, people with Hindu beliefs, and people with no religious beliefs. But never Christians. It is an interesting change of pace - a bit of a different teaching style, to say the least. But it was a good learning experience. 
I passed off my last lesson mastery this past week and I am so excited to be done. It may not sound like anything too crazy, but trust me - I have spent so much time on these, throughout my mission so it is definitely a relief to be done. 
GENERAL CONFERENCE. I realize you watched it last week but we got to watch it this past friday and saturday and it was just incredible. We went to Takasu to watch it - which is about an hour by train, then 10 minutes by city tram/trolley, then about a ten minute walk or so - and it was just incredible. This church is so true! Those speakers did not beat around the bush - we were told just what to do. I loved Elder Nelson's talk - it focused so much on faith and how important it is. I loved that there was such a theme throughout the whole thing of needing to be prepared and willing to stand strong for what we believe. I am so proud of you for walking out of that offensive number - you have always been such a great example to me and continue to be such an example to me! I am sorry I am totally out of time but I love you all so much and can't express how much you have done for me. I love you!!! Have a great week!
Ai shite imasu!
Flake Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment