Sunday, June 1, 2014

Summer is here! 6-1-14

Konnichiwa, kazoku!
First off, to answer Logan - I am so happy for you! That is such a wonderful opportunity that you will have for the next two months before your mission. Appreciate it! I was really grateful that I was able to go to the temple every week in the MTC, and I have only gone once so far on my mission but look forward to the next time I can go. As far as tips for your mission go - I would just say try to study a bit of PMG every day, especially the lessons. I am still studying the lessons and trying to improve my teaching every day. 
I am glad that the package arrived! I won:t be there for the wedding, but I hope that helps a little bit :) I was a little scared that customs would open it and ruin some of the things, so I feel better knowing it arrived safely. I will try to answer a few questions before telling you about the week.
We usually have a zone training meeting (run by the zone leaders) at the beginning of every transfer. Then, normally one transfer will be a zone conference, and the next will be interviews, then back to zone conference, and so on - it rotates. But for zone conferences and interviews the APs and President and Sister Gustafson come and we have training from them. 
Sister Willes has an awesome voice - let:s just say comp study hymns are fun these days! Yeah, I have actually done a lot more singing for programs and in church and stuff like that than I thought I would be doing but it has been way fun. And because our group is small, each of the missionaries have little mini callings (one is the usher by the door, one teaches the gospel principles class, etc.) but I think I have the most fun. I am the ward shikisha - aka chorister! We have sung hymns for  investigators or members a few times in teaching, and I love it because hymns always bring the spirit. But as far as teaching goes, I could definitely be more creative with expanding my teaching horizons and doing more unique things! 
That is great that you were able to have a bit of a relaxing week - huzzah for the first week of summer! And happy birthday dad! I sent a letter a little while ago that should be getting there soon.
It has definitely been warming up here as of late but last week it came in full force - it is summer time in Japan! It is hot and humid. Not as bad as when I first got here last year, but starting to creep up on it. Funny thing is, I love it! It makes me feel like a missionary! My first memories of missionary work involve being drenched in sweat and sunburned, so its all なつかし (nostalgic) for me. love it.
So many things to say. Just know that I am sorry I never give you all my stories - I don:t have enough time to email for that and that is what journals are for!!!! I will you fill you in on all the fun stuff at another time, but suffice it to say, the most important news of the week...
Brother Haishan and Brother Sho were ordained to the office of the Melchizidek preisthood this week! Aka we now have the amount of priesthood holders in saijo to meet the requirements to make saijo an official branch. The paperwork is all in, getting sent to salt lake, and hopefully we will be a branch in the next month, two months, however long it takes to get everything sorted out. We are all so excited!!!!! Quick rundown on the week. We had some AWESOME lessons with Tomikosan, and she is really progressing. We have to go a little slower than we originally thought at first with some things for her because a lot of information overwhelms her, but she tells us over and over how much she loves how she feels every time she meets with us and comes to church. She started crying last week and telling us how we are like her daughters, and she is so grateful for the things we do for her. I have never seen an older Japanese woman cry before. It was heartwrenching. She is such a wonderful person. And she wants to bring a friend to church next week!!!!! Lisa, the recent convert that we are teaching AB lessons to is also doing so well. She has a really strong testimony, and it is great to be reteaching the doctrines and answering her questions. The next time I am on a computer that can send pictures, I have  a lot for you all! With Lisa and her kids, tomiko, her friends, and some more people. I will try to do that next week! (this week we are emailing at a community center)
Yesterday we went on a crazy adventure. we had planned on taking the train to a less active:s house, and were going to be back in time for dinner at five ( we had been fasting all day). fun fact is this - the train ended up being about an hour and forty five minutes one direction, longer than anticipated, but she was so happy to see us and we had a great visit, then rode the hour and 45 minute train home, getting home in time to grab some food at 8+45, just before curfew. crazy day but way fun. Japan is beautiful! it still doesn:t get old riding on the trains through the countryside and the cities. I love it here. I wish you could be here with me seeing the things I see every day, and meeting the people I meet! I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and support and I hope you have a wonderful week full of fun wedding preparations!!!!
愛しています!
フレーク姉妹  より

No comments:

Post a Comment