Sunday, October 27, 2013

Every day is an adventure! 10-20-13

Every day is an adventure!!

Konnichiwa, kazoku!
Another crazy week. Like always!!! So many things, I really don't even know where to start. So many miracles, every day! So time is a little short, but I shall make sure to try to tell you as much as I can!!!
This week, we were able to meet with and teach a few of our investigators which was great. We are teaching a young couple from Napal right now. We teach them in English, because they do not speak much Japanese. They have been taught by missionaries for a while now, and they have strong testimonies. One thing that we're struggling through with themright now is that they have a really hard time coming to church with their crazy work schedules. And there are word of wisdom issues that we're working through as well. Anyway, that's a pretty brief overview but they are a great couple, and we will continue working with them and doing our best! We have another investigator that is in her 20s, she is super sweet, and we have high hopes for her. One bummer is that she has been in and out of the hospital this past week and has some surgeries next week - please keep all three of them in your prayers! That would definitely be appreciated ') even though I just met them this week, I already love them all so much!!! Another exciting story that happened this past week was that we got a referral and went and visited her and now have a new investigator! She is awesome. She is in her thirties, and has a great family. Nice husband, two kids. They lived in America for almost ten years and just came back this past year. We were able to go and talk to her, and it was exciting because we were all really open, and she asked question after question! Unfortunately, we won't be able to meet with her for another couple of weeks because she's pretty busy right now but she does want to meet again. Which is a definite plus. Those are just a few of the reports of this week's teaching front.
On to other news - we've received a few referrals this past week, and it's been awesome. Basically more referrals than I've received my whole mission, so that's pretty fun! I also basically can't get over how much I love Japan. The culture here is incredible and I love learning so much more about it every day. People are so nice. We were looking for a member's house one day and could not find it anywhere - we were going down street after street, checking our map, and trying to just figure it out (fun fact - maps are always a party to read. AKA they're all in kanji, which we can't read, but it is all good because we get creative and just learn the streets quite well) . We asked these two nice ladies where the block was that we were trying to get to, and they didn't know the exact area either but they took it upon themselves to help us out. As in they led us around the town for about 15 minutes, asking different people, until we finally found it. Super nice. 
OH we had a total Harry Potter moment this week. Remember in the fifth book how the Black's house has that spell on it so people from the outside can't see it? Yeah. Totally discovered a place like that. As in we were at an apartment building and we went to knock on door 304 and to our surprise.... THERE WAS NO 304. There was a 301,302,303,305,306. But no 304. We even checked on the other floors, and it was the same thing. We realized it's because the number 4 is pretty superstitious and such here, it's associated with death. Anyway, so that was interesting. 
We also had Zone Training Meeting this past week! Our zone is huge. Basically this zone is twice as big as my last one, so that was kind of fun meeting all these missionaries that I didn't know. 
Another fun thing from this week - we've gone and played Ultimate frisbee with the elders at a park for morning exercise a couple of times. It's way fun, there's like 12 of us so the teams work out pretty well. Once again, I feel like I'll probably be saying this every week but it is so weird having so many missionaries nearby. But it's awesome - we get to learn so much from each other!!
In answer to a few of your questions - Things really are great here. I love Fukuoka. It is huge. I now realize why everyone called Miyazaki rural. It really is pretty crazy how big it is here. Thank you, once again, for the wonderful, beautiful, fabulous package you sent me. I absolutely love everything that was in there! It's been fabulous! It got here pretty fast, as well as I am a ten minute bike ride away from  the honbu (mission office) so it didn't have to get shipped out to me. They just called us and we went and picked it up. We basically get princess treatment being this close. It's awesome. I've got a few christmas ideas but I left them on a paper at home - I'll try to remember them for next week!!! One thing that I would be really interested in is a Japanese CTR ring. I've tried my hardest to get one here, but I can't. It's unfortunate. However, I believe Deseret book has them or something like that. Anyway, it's an idea. But for now I am totally rockin the green primary CTR rings that turn your finger green. And I love it. And last of all, yes our ward is huge. It's kind of crazy coming from a branch where you know everyone to a big, normal sized ward. There are so many people! And I got to bear my testimony in church yesterday. Short and sweet, but it's all good. I'm glad your week was fabulous - I loved hearing about all that you were able to do! It's sometimes a little crazy that we don't always know exactly what everyone is saying, but it is an adventure. We have an awesomely unique situation, that we both are on the same page with everything here. I love Lane Shimai - she seriously is the greatest on the planet. Anyway, that's about it for this week. I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week!!!
Ai shite imasu!!
Flake Shimai

PS My Halloween costume is going to be great this year. We have a ward halloween party on saturday, so don't you fret, I'll send pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment