Sunday, October 13, 2013

Stolen bikes and packages 10-13-13


Miyazaki  bridge


                                          Soon to be baptized N-chan with new CTR ring


                                                   New companion Sister Lane


Konnichiwa, kazoku!!! 
So many crazy things - it:s been an awesome week! Things were a little crazy last week after transfer calls, with packing, saying goodbyes, and a few more lessons and such before I left Miyazaki but it was wonderful. I was a little sad to be leaving Miyazaki, and the awesome people I have grown to love so much there but I did know that the Lord needed me here. The four hour bus ride was pretty uneventful, just kinda weird not being with a companion for a few hours. But good news, friends - Fukuoka is going to be fabulous. I already love it SO MUCH. Sister Lane and I get along a little too well. Seriously, it:s always a party (in a missionary kind of way, of course). We are both on our 3rd transfer. She:s from California, and went to BYU as well before the mish. We are seriously having so much fun already. We knew each other a little in the MTC, but she was in a different zone and district so we didn:t know each other super well. Anyway, things are awesome here being a Fukuoka shimai. There are two other shimai here as well, and we live in a four man apartment. The apartment is way nice. It:s just about the craziest/funnest time of my life. I love it! It:s pretty different from my Miyazaki experience - mostly it:s just weird being around so many missionaries. I:m used to only interacting with my companion and the Miyazaki elders. In our last district, it was just the four of us and Miyakonojo elders (miyakonojo is about an hour away by train). But, we:re pretty close to the mission office here, so we have the APs, ZLs, DL, and all the office elders in our district as well as the four of us sisters. I think our district has 14 people. Crazy! Speaking of crazy, there are some definite perks to being so close to the mission home. Aka while waiting for my bike to arrivwe in the mail, we went there to borrow some bikes. Ended up stealing (I mean borrowing) the APs bikes for the weekend, picked up a package, picked up a letter, etc. Which reminds me - THANKS FOR THE PACKAGE. It made me ridiculously happy to see all that Mexican food. Haha. Also the poor elders here eat curry like twice a day because that:s the only food they know how to make so we gave them a bit of taco seasoning so they are quite grateful as well - they get to have taco rice for a couple of meals! They give you their thanks!!
Seriously though, it is super fun being around so many missionaries. But its also super crazy!
On my last night in Miyazaki, the ward members gave me some presents and stuff. They are so nice. I will love Miyazaki and the people there forever. During my last lesson with n-chan I gave her my CTR ring and we talked about how we need to choose the right, and continue on through our whole life and that this present was a helpful reminder. She loved it, and I am so happy I was able to give her a little something even though I won:t be there for her baptism that:s happening in a few weeks. 
Lane Shimai and I are so excited for this transfer. We:re throwing ourselves in, and planning on giving it our all. It]s going to be a bit of an adventure because neither of us speak tons of Japanese but we know things will work out! I love this work. I love the support we are feeling from everyone, and how much I am able to feel and see the Lord:s help and support in all of our endeavors. 
Lastly, general conference was AWESOME. I loved watching it this past weekend! Basically all the gaigin missionaries watched it in a little room upstairs in english while everyone else watched it downstairs in Japanese. I love the comforting, guiding words of the apostles and prophet of the Lord. We are so blessed!!! Thank you so much for everything you do for me - I love you all so much! Sorry I had to email a little earlier today so I wasn:t able to get your email this week, but I hope you know I love you all a bunch!!!!!
Ai shite imasu!!
Flake Shimai

PS sorry for the random typos. Japanese keyboards are an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment